Start Your Sailing Journey
Planning for a sailing journey requires careful consideration of the items you’ll need to bring and important considerations for your trip.
To help you prepare, we’ve created a comprehensive checklist of what to bring and important considerations to keep in mind before embarking on your journey.
Checklist for What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing that can get wet
- Non-slip, closed-toe shoes for on board
- Sunscreen with a high SPF and waterproof protection
- A hat or visor to protect your face and eyes from the sun
- Sunglasses with polarized lenses to reduce glare on the water
- A lightweight, waterproof jacket or windbreaker
- A change of clothes in case of unexpected weather or accidents
- A swimsuit and towel for swimming or water activities (ASA 104 Bareboat Chartering)
- A waterproof camera or phone case to capture your memories on the water
- Necessary travel documents such as passports, visas, and IDs
- Check with your airline for specific baggage requirements and fees
- Purchase travel insurance to protect yourself and your belongings in the event of an unexpected situation
- Check the weather forecast for your destination and pack accordingly
- Notify your bank or credit card company of your travel plans to prevent any issues with transactions
- Inform someone of your travel plans and itinerary in case of emergency
- Consider any necessary vaccinations or health precautions for your destination
READY TO SET SAIL?
Ready to set sail? Book your sailing classes now for personalized instruction, top-quality equipment, and a flexible class schedule. With our easy online booking and commitment to personalized customer service, you’ll be on your way to becoming a skilled and confident sailor in no time.
other Courses Available
INTRODUCTION TO SAILING
Sail with confidence! Start with our Intro to Sailing class
ASA 101 BASIC KEELBOAT
Beginner or not, start with ASA 101 Basic Keelboat to learn sailing basics.
ASA 103 BASIC COASTAL CRUISING
Take your sailing skills to the next level: Coastal cruising skills.